Whether you want to lose weight or build muscles, regular exercise is the one thing that you should do. But what if you are starting from zero? If you haven’t worked out in a while, it’s totally normal to feel a bit intimidated by the prospect of getting back into shape. However, there is no need to worry. Your ultimate goal should be to ease into a workout routine that is both sustainable and enjoyable. Here are 10 tips on how to start working out when you have not in a while.
Top ten things you can do to start working out*
1. Do not overdo anything
2. Set a workout routine and fitness routine
3. Add other healthy habits to your lifestyle
4. Add moderate intensity strength training and resistance training
5. Start with freehand exercises like push-ups
6. Track how your body responds
7. Make it fun
8. Get a workout buddy
9. Have short-term and long-term fitness goals
10. Celebrate your victories!
So there you have it, these are the top ten tips on how to start working out when you have not in a while. Just remember to ease into things, focus on adding other healthy habits to your lifestyle, and make it fun! And most importantly, don’t push yourself too hard. The main thing is to start slowly and once you find your pace you can gradually increase the intensity and length of your workouts. Good luck! If you are looking for help with your health and fitness then please contact us today to book in for a FREE Bootcamp trial or free consultation to discuss your goals at our gym in Basingstoke.